A prominent town centre historic building in Paisley town centre which had fallen into disrepair is in the process of being restored with the help of Renfrewshire Council’s Townscape Heritage Conservation Area Regeneration Scheme (TH.CARS2). The scheme aims to improve the built environment in Paisley town centre and is funded by National Lottery Heritage Fund, Historic Environment Scotland and Renfrewshire Council (www.renfrewshire.gov.uk/thcars2).
The property dates back to 1840 and is a grade B-listed stone-faced terraced building at 3 County Place with a slated roof and situated in a prominent location opposite Paisley Gilmour Street train station. The 3-storey structure comprises three shops on the ground floor, with two upper floors left derelict for over 20 years. The restoration project, led by Paisley architect John Martin consists of converting the upper floors into four dwellings (two 2-bedroom and two 3-bedroom) and external repairs, including new windows, stonework, and roof works.